Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all

I just replaced the engine in my 2003 Tiburon with the wrong engine..

I replaced it with the variable hydraulic piston (?) one, the VVT engine, and I was supposed to get the Beta.

I now have a mechanic who is going to find the right engine, but I need to find the list of Elantras and Tiburons this 2003 VVT engine will work in.

I've found it before, but can't locate it anywhere now. Headquarters, the dealership, and the shop that sold me the engine can't seem to help me.

Can anyone tell me where to find that info? I would like to sell it to someone who can use it. As I recall, there were like, 5 Elantras, and 2 Tiburons it will fit.

Thank you! I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,697 Posts
The CVVT Beta engine (G4GC) is used in the 2004 on XD Elantra, GK Tiburon, JM Tucson & FO Trajet. I'm sure it will be used in a few Kia models too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I am confused though. This is the 2003, and my mechanic made it sound like it was a choice between the Beta and VVT. When I called the Dealership, they said I require a non-VVT engine.

What I want to do now is sell the VVT engine which is in it.

Do you know if there is a way to look up the serial number on the engine to find compatible models, to market it to the right person?

I've also heard there is a Beta II engine.. -No idea. I hope there's a way to look up the right one with the VIN, I thought we did this..

I believe the 2003 is the first year that had whatever type of engine I have, if that helps any..

Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
-Or maybe it was the last one the following engine wasn't used on, which would jive with your statement regarding the 2004 using the VVT..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts