Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
i have a 2003 tiburon and i'm having problems with the central locking.each time i open the doors either with the key fob or, manually from the inside the doors open, then immediately click locked again. so i have to open doors immediately when i hit the lock or i cant get in or out
has anyone got any ideas what the problem is

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
1 of the actuators is binding and not fully moving to lock or unlock, ,,, or ,,,, the BCM is taking a dump..

See the door lock lever on each door, use you finger and move it to lock, and unlock positions,, does 1 or other travel smoothly, or does 1 or other have a tight feel about it..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just to jump in here, I have the same issue with my locks. When i use my finger on the DS the lock feels stiff. What does that mean??

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
The flipper that moves freely from lock to unlock is ok, it's the one that has resistance to being moved that is the problem.. the actuator is bound up...

Replace the offending latch // actuator assembly, comes as complete door latch and actuator.. Worst part of job is removing the door panel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same problem. Except my doors like to stay locked most of the time and i have to use the key to unlock it while i am pulling the door handle otherwise it will not open

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Actuator or body control module....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts