Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 tiburon with a seized auto trans. It's the 2.7L motor. I'm curious if anyone knows if the auto trans is the same on the 2.0 and the 2.7 or if it's different. I've never had to mess with one of these before and I'm not familiar with them. Thank you

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
Define seized.. like to know what going on.

2.0 and 2.7 use different bellhousing to block bolt pattern,, so you trans for 2.7L

Hyundai offer Re-Man in box for usually around $1600,, dealer part dept can order, and assist with core return / paperwork for old unit.. just make sure old unit not damaged, other wise add $1000 for core, $50 if stilll full of oil, $500 missing converter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the shift selector on the top of the trans is locked up. Can barely get it to move with a pair of vice grips on it. Sat in the yard threw the winter

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
Thought that only happen on "CM" Santa Fe..

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi jimwal not sure if you are interested but i have a few of these for sale please see ebay item 301325429498 im in the uk but depending on where you are in the states i can arrange to deliver with a fair delivery cost with torque convertor,

just so you know these have a separate gearbox ecu if you use a box from a 2.0 the ratios are different, so just be aware apart from the bell housing the internal workings are basically the same,

good luck and sorry to hear about the problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts