Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tailgate open alarm light sometimes lights up on the dash of my 2003. I have removed the inside panel of the tailgate and see a white wire with a gray plastic push-on connector that s not connected to anything. I don't see where it would attach. It is located near the lock. Any ideas?
Also, where is the open alarm sensor that someone mentioned

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I believe the door catch also contains a micro-switch inside that tells the dash light to come on...it might also have something to do with the physical position of the latch. This is different from the hood and passenger doors which use simple depression switches that are released when the door is opened. I'm not exactly sure how to go about replacing or repairing this but I hope it points you in the right direction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Apr 21 2010, 04:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315199
I believe the door catch also contains a micro-switch inside that tells the dash light to come on...it might also have something to do with the physical position of the latch. This is different from the hood and passenger doors which use simple depression switches that are released when the door is opened. I'm not exactly sure how to go about replacing or repairing this but I hope it points you in the right direction.
Thank you for your reply. I am pretty sure you are correct about the micro switch in that I can see a loose piece of copper hanging out of the latch near the latch teeth. Apparently the white wire is the sensor wire since it is disconnected and no matter what position the tailgate is in, the light does not come on.
Probably just leave it this way as the tailgate locks and unlocks ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts