Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for accurate information......2003 V6 Sonata with only 28,000 verified, certified miles!!!! Hi pitched tranny whine upon easy acceleration ... not loud...most evident/pronounced when i let off the gas and coast at 38-40 mph...while feathering the accelerator between 35 and 40 mph the wirring/whine goes up and down with the rpms....it is also there when brakes are applied from 40-50 mph down to 10 mph.....again the whine changes pitch with the rpms.....higher the rpms=higher pitch....all at very easy acceleration. I drained and filled tranny with synthetic castrol fluid....result was about a 40% improvement with a bit less whine...but it is still there.....with Air C. fan on 2nd to 3rd position you can't hear it....This car is the classic little old lady car.....only used 3-4000 miles per year and probably never saw more than 60 mph!!!! only short trips to local stores.... The original trans. fluid was at proper level and good color...not dark or dirty....did not hear this noise with 2 short 10 minute test drives around the local streets.....Then....drove 80 miles an hour on the hiway for 20 minutes..... also...the tranny shifts perfectly, no jerks, no bangs, no clanks, no leaks, no drips......shifts as new....
Anyone with INFORMED knowledge please respond....NOT looking for guesses or opinions (unless your a certified mechanic) not looking for stories.....Going to dealer in morning... for original owner....10 year warranty coverage...
my guess is tranny needle bearing? or planetary gear????? Thanks in advance if you respond...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts