Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some one please help me out here I have had the Santa Fe back and forth to the garage no power. We where driving it and all a sudden dropped power can't rev motor over 3000 rpm. Garage said they fixed it with dry gas and more gasoline b/c it was "low" between 1/4 and empty? Any suggestions what to do hard starting. Very confused what could be. Any help would be great Thank You

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
What engine ?

MIL ?

Define dropped power.. what exactly happen ?

Vehicle history, up to date on maintenance ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
V6

Mileage about 112536

Just driving along and just totally loss power like it was not getting fuel
Like a limp mode

Every thing is up to date with the car new plugs and wires where put in it about 2 months ago. Like I said ran great then all a sudden it just died no power. Very confused to say least.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
V6
Ok.... (2) available V6 that year,,, 2.7L or 3.5L ?? Each is different operating system (engine management)

Mileage about 112536

Just driving along and just totally loss power like it was not getting fuel
Like a limp mode
MIL ?
Scan for hiding DTC ?

Every thing is up to date with the car new plugs and wires where put in it about 2 months ago. Like I said ran great then all a sudden it just died no power. Very confused to say least.

Each engine above has it' own quirks..

·
Registered
66 Posts
a trouble code would help to narrow down the troubleshooting. i would check the maf sensor (clean it), and the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. maybe the tps and the accelerator pedal position sensors. vacuum leaks and that all spark plugs have spark. but a trouble code will really help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mechanic said he put machine on it and no code came up? But check engine light was on. I am in process of looking for a different Hyundai we test drove a 2013 leftover Tuscan. So I am hoping he finds out what's wrong with it so I can trade it in. I will pass on to check the maf sensor etch... I am writing them all down again thank you.

·
22,788 Posts
Keep us posted. Every little tidbit we pick up helps the next guy that has similar issues. Hope this works out for you without a lot of expense.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like the pedal position sensor has a bad connection. A similar thing happened to my wife. Simply cleaning the connection with electrical contact cleaner and giving it a good swabbing with dielectric grease solved the problem. The sensor is located below the air cleaner housing on the firewall. Cheap fix, less than 10 bucks for the cleaner and grease.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ugh on 2003 Sant Fe

Still no luck tried everything people have posted still no luck?????? Very confused any other ideas please.

·
Registered
66 Posts
your mechanic says he put the scanner and found no codes. but the check engine light is on. i would get a second opinion from another shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's what I was thinking also kinda had me confused when he said no code showed up when check engine light was on
If light is on should show a code correct?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts