Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to replace the front rotors and only 1 side (rotor) needs to be replaced. Do I have to replace both at the same time or can I replace only the damaged rotor?

Also, does anyone know the bolt size for the center bolt to slide rotor off?

Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
You usually replace rotors in pairs, just like pads or tires. You want to try to keep both sides the same if you can.

Center bolt??? There is no center bold, unless your talking about the axle nut, which you don't need to remove. You better get some instructions from a repair manual, or join hmaservice.com.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums chad :00000732:

as the above post states you need to replace the front rotors on BOTH sides otherwise you are very likely to have uneven braking. l don't wish to sound rude but you should not be messing around with brakes unless you know what you are doing, you life and others depend upon your workmanship. you need to get someone who knows their way around this repair job to help you or as the post above says get a manual and read up on it first.

do not attempt to remove that centre nut or you will alter the torque setting on the wheel bearing

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am with the others on this one Chad, take the proper time and knowledge before doing a brake job, it`s not hard but you need to know what you`re doing. If you assist once or twice as someone is doing it you`ll get the hang of it easily but with brakes there is no messing around (SAFETY FIRST) A car that doesn`t start is a small problem but a car that doesn`t stop is very BIG problem...

·
Registered
653 Posts
the Haynes manuals are good books.. I got one for my 06 santa fe and it has alot of good info and how to in it including all the obd codes.. it was 20 bucks canadian. you can pretty well get it at any parts store, I had to order mine but well worth the wait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.