Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just had my a.c. replaced today. Compressor, condenser, etc. I am being told the diode is the problem that is blowing the fuse. Would anyone happen to know where I could find a replacement, I'm not having any luck. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,973 Posts
You can buy diodes on ebay for pennies. You just need to know what current it needs to be able to handle so you choose the correct replacement.
If it's to be connected across the compressor clutch coil you'll probably need a diode capable of passing 6Amps, so just search ebay for "6A rectifier diode" and see what turns up.

I hope you didn't replace the whole AC system only to find out it was a $1 diode that was causing the problem :surprise:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone. I just had my a.c. replaced today. Compressor, condenser, etc. I am being told the diode is the problem that is blowing the fuse. Would anyone happen to know where I could find a replacement, I'm not having any luck. Thank you so much!

Hey if you don't mind me asking. How much did you pay to have compressor replaced? Have a 2008 that needs a new one and wanna see if this quote is reasonable. Thanks

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Make sure the diode is installed correctly. Most are identified by a silver band on one end. Just make sure that end gets connected to the same place the old one is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.