Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a P303 misfire on our 2003 Hyundai Tiburion 4cyl. Put in new spark plugs and wires. Same error code. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Switched wire 2 and 3 at the coil and the error stayed at cylinder 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
How do you know the misfire stayed on 3? Did you clear the code before you did that? Did you clear the code after you did the plugs and wires?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (jsinton @ Jul 7 2010, 03:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339582
How do you know the misfire stayed on 3? Did you clear the code before you did that? Did you clear the code after you did the plugs and wires?
Yes, I cleared the code after every change. However, after clearing the code it takes about 15 miles of driving time before it re appears.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
There's a number of other things that might produce this code. The next logical step is switch around the coil packs and see if the code switches too. If you still get a 303 after switching the coil pack, then might have a bad injector. Oxygen sensors or catalytic converter would produce other codes too.

Here's what odb-codes.com says:

A code P0303 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty spark plug or wire
Faulty coil (pack)
Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
Faulty fuel injector
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter(s)
Running out of fuel
Poor compression
Defective computer

·
Registered
110 Posts
I recommend going to HMA Service and registering. This will give you access to the shop manuals and will help you to troubleshoot.

Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I can save you a WHOLE LOT of wasted time... spritz the seam where the intake manifold meets cylinder head... a can of carb will do the job.... If you know what you looking for, a spray bottle of water, PB blaster, WD-40 will suffice..

When you spritz along seam, listen for the engine to sputter or a loud "HISS" vacuum sound as the liquid gets sucked in through the crack of the intake manifold gasket.... there's your source of single cylinder misfire... everyday part here, burned every tech in the dealer at one time or other

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (sedric @ Aug 8 2010, 11:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348088
My daughters car is doing the same thing ,make sure you keep us posted on your progress
Over a month ago... what problem do you have ? have you inspected it yet ?

The 2.0 is good for split intake gasket on 2, 3 , and 4 and cause misfire... you can replace the plugs and wires, but you it will still misfire..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts