Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im currently putting in an after market stereo into my 03 hyundai sonata and i have ran into a problem. ive looked absolutely everywhere and i can not find the correct stereo wiring diagram. someone please help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
its the stereo with the cd am/fm and the small channel screen in the bottom right corner. someone plz help im stumped on what to do

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,283 Posts
ive looked absolutely everywhere and i can not find the correct stereo wiring diagram.
All the Hyundai radios I've come across from that era had a common connector (see below), so what is it about your particular radio that makes it different?

Do you know you can buy off the shelf wiring adapters that will allow you to plug most aftermarket radios straight onto the Hyundai harness? If you use an adapter you don't need a diagram. It's pretty much plug 'n play.

Regards.
Scottie.

·
Registered
4 Posts
im currently putting in an after market stereo into my 03 hyundai sonata and i have ran into a problem. ive looked absolutely everywhere and i can not find the correct stereo wiring diagram. someone please help
What is making you think you arent finding the correct diagram? Because I too have an 03 sonata and my boyfriend is doing the stereo change over and he said he can't find the correct diagram either. When I asked him why he said because all the diagrams he's finding show a wire in the 13th slot but mine does not have a wire in the 13th slot. I see the picture diagram that was posted here and it says REM on the 13th slot. What does that mean?

·
Registered
4 Posts
All the Hyundai radios I've come across from that era had a common connector (see below), so what is it about your particular radio that makes it different?

Do you know you can buy off the shelf wiring adapters that will allow you to plug most aftermarket radios straight onto the Hyundai harness? If you use an adapter you don't need a diagram. It's pretty much plug 'n play.

Regards.
Scottie.

Where it says REM for slot 13, what does that mean? And if I don't have a wire there is that ok/normal?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,283 Posts
My guess is that will be REMote, for steering wheel controls perhaps. If the car doesn't have steering wheel controls I guess it would be normal for there not to be a wire in that slot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go to Crutchfield.com and you can get a wire harness that will plug directly into the factory stereo harness. They provide full instructions with it, and its a walk in the park to solder it together. Youll be cranking that new stereo in less than 20 minutes. The one they sell worked perfect on my 2005.

·
Registered
932 Posts
REMote is the wire that runs to the electric antenna (or an external Amp) for activation, and it is on pin #12. 13 is a speaker output ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts