Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone my name is Cindy. My Santa Fe is blowing hot air only when the a.c. is turned on. The air cond. fuse keeps burning out when you turn the a.c. on. We have put a 20 Amp in it as well and that blows too. Someone ask if it is a a.c. clutch fuse but it doesn't say clutch. Husband has check a lot of the wiring and so far doesn't see anything wrong. We could really use your help....thinking maybe compressor, condenser or clutch but need advise. Thank you!

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Should never put in a higher rated fuse
It can cause a fire
That is why fuses are used
For safety

Maybe this video will help

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,952 Posts
Hello Cindy (and Billy), welcome to the forum 00000732

It would probably be best if you started a thread about your problem in the Santa Fe forum....link below. It's more likely to be read by other Santa Fe owners who have perhaps suffered from the same fault if posted there.

One bit of advice since I'll give you here......don't fit an uprated fuse or you will end up with damaged wiring.
The circuit has a 10A fuse because that's the maximum amount of current the wiring on that circuit can carry without there being a danger of the wiring overheating/melting.

Oh, and you should ask Billy to try disconnecting the compressor's harness connector and see if the fuse still blows.
If the fuse doesn't blow again with the compressor disconnected the fault is likely to be a shorted compressor clutch field coil.

Regards.
Scottie.

https://www.hyundai-forums.com/sm-2001-2006-santa-fe/

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hello everyone my name is Cindy. My Santa Fe is blowing hot air only when the a.c. is turned on. The air cond. fuse keeps burning out when you turn the a.c. on. We have put a 20 Amp in it as well and that blows too. Someone ask if it is a a.c. clutch fuse but it doesn't say clutch. Husband has check a lot of the wiring and so far doesn't see anything wrong. We could really use your help....thinking maybe compressor, condenser or clutch but need advise. Thank you!

can I safe assume we is talking the red 10A in the engine room fuse box ??

You keep popping that one,, there is fault with field coil (A/C clutch magnet)

Remove the fuse,, use voltmeter to pick out the leg that has electric on it,, the other leg will carry on to the coil,, here we want to do a resistance check,, probe the terminal at fuse box, and other lead to ground.. I think that anything over 2 ohm or short is bad... age of chassis,,,, buy a Hyundai Re-Man compressor and start with good assembly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts