Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 Hyundai Elantra has been a good car. Suddenly last week, Gear Shifter was not moving easily and I could no longer be sure what gear I was in.

I am still able to drive it though. I took it to a transamission shop thinking it would be something to do with the cable. However they took a look and said something is bound up in transmission and they would have to open it up and rebuild it. $2285 for the job + taxes. I dont want to spend that much on this commuter car and I am not sure if the transmission shop just wants to milk me. anyone here know if that is the only way put or are there some simpler/less costly solution?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2003 Hyundai Elantra has been a good car. Suddenly last week, Gear Shifter was not moving easily and I could no longer be sure what gear I was in.
packing and moving companies near me website... I am still able to drive it though. I took it to a transamission shop thinking it would be something to do with the cable. However they took a look and said something is bound up in transmission and they would have to open it up and rebuild it. $2285 for the job + taxes. I dont want to spend that much on this commuter car and I am not sure if the transmission shop just wants to milk me. anyone here know if that is the only way put or are there some simpler/less costly solution?

Any help would be appreciated.
have you solved the issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts