Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i have little bit of a problem here. The outside door handle is broken, and we have child lock enabled so its not possible to open it from the inside. Is there any kind of solution out there? Or does the car have to be taken to the shop?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Work with it to where you can get to the link with a pair of needle nose plier or fingers and push down on the link... Just be sure the door is unlocked first... after you open the door, flip the kiddie lock so you can use the interior handle if needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem; I took it the dealer and they wanted $600.00 to fix and replace all four door handles. I still have not been able to open that one door with child lock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem here - I usually try one of the door handles to see that I really locked my car.
This time I tried it and something snapped, the handle dangles with half usual resistance.
So door opened from inside but not outside.
Of course being smart I tried to see if something else was wrong, and switched the child lock on...
Now I'm stuck...

sbr711: can you elaborate a little? get to the link from inside or outside? perhaps a pic?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
There is a rod (link) attached to the door handle so when you raise handle on it' pivot, arm on other side of pivot push link down..

If handle is broke off and floppy, just hold it somewhat in place so handle can rotate and push link down to unlatch the latch.

That or break away the door handle to get at link to manually push it down to open door, just dont goof the door metal so new handle wont sit flush.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts