Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Elantra and the tail light/ brake light are the same bulb. I replaced the bulb with the correct bulb and the brake light works but when I turn the headlights on the tail light does not work? I checked all the fuses (I believe) and have tried everything to get it to work, what could be causing this, it's driving me CRAZY!

Please if any one can help me solve this issue I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Did you install the bulb correctly to the socket.... see the 2 pins sticking off the side of the bulb' base.... this is to make sure bulb is in proper orientation to the socket... look in the socket at the side for the long groove "L" and the short high groove "L".... align bulb accordingly....

tail lights will burn dim, brake will get bright... ever drive down road and see fella driving with lights on and 1 bulb is bright, the other is dim... somebody bput the bulb in backwards..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Jun 2 2010, 01:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328857
Did you install the bulb correctly to the socket.... see the 2 pins sticking off the side of the bulb' base.... this is to make sure bulb is in proper orientation to the socket... look in the socket at the side for the long groove "L" and the short high groove "L".... align bulb accordingly....

tail lights will burn dim, brake will get bright... ever drive down road and see fella driving with lights on and 1 bulb is bright, the other is dim... somebody bput the bulb in backwards..
Yes they have been installed correctly and there is no light at all, not even dim?? Seems strange the brake light works but not the tail light, could it be the socket itself?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Bum bulb ...

DVOM the socket for actual voltage at the bulb base contact for ground and the correct strip in bottom socket for source voltage with tail lights on..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts