Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car gave me the P0447 error code. After some investigating I found that one of the two wires leading to the EVAP system was broken so I spliced it back together. After clearing that code another one came up, this time the P0441. I have now replaced all the hoses in the EVAP system and checked the valve to make sure it was working. Still the light is on. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
0441 is caused by system seen to be purging (air flow/voltage disturbance of tank pressure sensor when PCM knows it not commanding action from the purge valve) or other way around..

Replace the purge control valve

Dont forget to use scanner to manually erase code from PCM' memory..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey sbr do you know what voltage the purge valve should be getting? Or do you know where I could find that information? Mine is getting less than one volt.... To me that seems like the wiring is bad somewhere. I thought it could be a fuse but I am not sure which one goes to the EVAP system.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
PCM duty cycle ground to the solenoid winding.. 1 terminal will reflect source voltage, and other terminal is a duty cycled ground from PCM to effect purge flow and vacuum for system self test to check integrity of system (automobile not allowed to emit HC vapor per EPA/.GOV,,, but we free to leave cap off off our gas cans at home in the shed)

Actual interest be the solenoid working,, remove hose at body side of valve, and with engine at idle, somewhere along the line, the PCM will duty cycle the valve and you'll hear a "POPPING" sound... when not "POPPING" ,,, there should be NO VACUUM LEAK from the valve.. valve could also randomly stick open from rust that get there with moisture ib the line, or canister that coming apart and charcol bits get suck into valve and hold it open too.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Are you going in with manually witih scan tool and manually erase DTC ?? DTC once set will not go away on their own.. need to manually remove with proper tool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts