Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car hit the curb on passenger side toe is off and has a positive camber tire did not go flat ,I've changed out the control arm and strut but still have the same issue, i can take the tie-rod out and manually correct the toe on the tire,and if i remover the bottom bolt on the strut i can tilt the hub up to manually correct the camber any ideas guys the only 3 things left are the axle the frame or wheel bearing

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
car hit the curb on passenger side toe is off and has a positive camber tire did not go flat ,I've changed out the control arm and strut but still have the same issue, i can take the tie-rod out and manually correct the toe on the tire,and if i remover the bottom bolt on the strut i can tilt the hub up to manually correct the camber any ideas guys the only 3 things left are the axle the frame or wheel bearing

Sounds like the knuckle/hub got bent.

Reactions: ezed1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grcauto thanks it was the knuckle took me a min because the used replacement was a rust bucket the retaining ring was a pain to get out, but pblaster and some patients it finally lossen up ,I messed up the first bearing using the wrong press peices race separated ?but I'm a expert now ?now to tackle this loud clunk in the rear ,if either tire hits a small pot hole or uneven spot in the road I get a loud bang also during going over speed bumps I have replaced the swaybar bushing and links and help would be appreciated again

Thanks

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Grcauto thanks it was the knuckle took me a min because the used replacement was a rust bucket the retaining ring was a pain to get out, but pblaster and some patients it finally lossen up ,I messed up the first bearing using the wrong press peices race separated ?but I'm a expert now ?now to tackle this loud clunk in the rear ,if either tire hits a small pot hole or uneven spot in the road I get a loud bang also during going over speed bumps I have replaced the swaybar bushing and links and help would be appreciated again

Thanks
You are welcome.

First time doing one can be a little bit of a challenge.

As for the rear can you verify the condition of the struts? Can you see where it's bottoming out on the underside? Exhaust maybe?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rear struts new exhaust seems to be nice and tight with some movement at the rubber mounts it seems to be suspension related but every thing back there seems nice and tight ?nothing moves freely with a crowbar ?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Can you simulate the problem by pushing or jumping on the rear?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pushing the rear up and down by myself no but I'm going to try again with some help to see

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Original Rear sway bar end links were plastic junk. Sway bar Bushings can also generate noise, although not normally a bang.

If it’s not obvious which one is bad or if it’s one of the bushings, you can unbolt the end links and drive car without them. If still have noise put them back on and look else where.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Can you feel the thump coming through floor boards? If so, you should be able to see where it's hitting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts