Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Im new to this forum, and owning a Tiburon... Have looked around a bit..

So my biggest question is does anyone know the best way to do the clutch on an 03 v6 6 Spd?
I looked on the HMA aervice website and only saw the end result, not how to get there. And (if there is one, can you point it out) I didnt see any previous threads on this..

Basically there are 2 options to my knowledge:
1 - Drop the tranny
2 - Pull the motor

If either one of these is better, and if there is anything in the process of greater then average difficulty, I would like to hear.. (or if anyone has a step by step that would be even better HAHA)

Thanks! :liebe011:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You will definitely need to put it on rack to get it up in air.

Couple fellas I work with will just drop the frame at left side, hold motor up, and slide trans into that opening and wedge it, then work around the small opening to remove the clutch parts.

I myself just go ahead and drop the frame, not really that hard, undo the rack from the frame, and work around to take frame out in largest piece. Hang motor/tranny, rempve trans mount at left rail, lower to allow trans to pass frame rail, remove trans.

Note, easiest way to refill M/T oil is remove the reverse light switch, stick long funnel in hole, and fill...... be sure to remove fill plug so you see when oil level is full.

You WILL NEED TO USE 75/90 gear oil, and it has to be labeled "GL4", NO "GL5"... it will destroy the synchros.. Hiundai has the oil in qt bottles..

Hopefully you can figure out what all other stuff needs to come apart, I just skimmed over top.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.