Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Accent with an automatic gear selector that doesn't move unless I push the override tab. This seems to have started after I backed into it with my work van. No visual damage, but is there something that needs to be reset after an accident? The brake lights became stuck on. In my mind that would mean the circuitry was set same as foot on brake and should it move. Anyhow, I changed the switch so the brake lights work like they should now. Another possibility I've read is the solenoid. Is pushing the override tab telling the solenoid to release the selector? If so then the solenoid should be fine. If the tab releases the same thing the solenoid normally does than I guess it could still be the solenoid. Another is it being jammed and they say to rock the car until it releases. Since the override works, I've driven it. Does anyone have any suggestions of which direction I should still investigate or something else?

Note:
I made another post with more/better detail, but I don't see it. May be before I was approved. Shame the site couldn't tell me that or save my post until I was approved instead of wasting my time. The struggles of being a newbie.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts