Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

When I bought my SF in 2016 the front cam cover seal was brittle so the engine had a lot of oil over the front. I replaced this early last year and it seemed to stop any drips. However I am now getting a drip stain about the size of a Nickel most days when I leave the car after driving to work and back (30 mins). It;s pooling up on the front engine mount then dripping off. I think some of it is the extremely hot conditions we've had lately and some of the residual oil from the previous leak might be running down.

I know the cam cover seals are a common issue, but where else can the engine leak from the front?

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can also leak oil from the head if you've got a blown head gasket. But it would probably be best to clean the grease and oil off the front cam cover and head so that you can see if it's leaking.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I figured it was only 2 places. Maybe the cam cover gasket is leaking again, who knows? But yes I'll take it to the jet wash and give the front of the engine a good cleaning, then monitor it. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Could be the cam cover. After installing the valve cover gasket make sure you add some RTV black to the semi-circle areas of the valve cover and torque everything in the proper sequence.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Check your crankshaft position sensor. It's above the starter. Mine cracked and was passing oil through itself and onto my starter along with oil wicking up in the harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts