Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 Sonata
I am a little peeved at the repair shop, Monro, but I guess you get what you pay for. The headlights on my wife's car keep burning out. Not sure why . This will be the third time they will need replaced in last 6 months. The guy told me last time maybe the one burned out and caused the other one to overcompensate and it burned the other one out ?( I had never heard of that before ).
The high beams still work . These are the Xeon lights so they are not cheap.

I really do not want to go back to the same guy, but I maybe want him to comp the labor if he made a mistake. Any idea what could be causing this ? It is really getting to be a pain.

·
Registered
209 Posts
2002 Sonata
The guy told me last time maybe the one burned out and caused the other one to overcompensate and it burned the other one out ? :eek:
That statement right there leads me to believe your mechanic is an idiot or he thinks you're an idiot. Either way, i'd be looking for someone else.

If this fine individual is touching the bulbs with his bare hands while installing, it will cause them to burn out quickly. The oils in your hands getting on the bulb will make them burn out.

It's really a very simple job to do yourself and shouldn't require any tools. Search youtube and i'm sure you can find a good do it yourself video.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
That statement right there leads me to believe your mechanic is an idiot or he thinks you're an idiot. Either way, i'd be looking for someone else.

If this fine individual is touching the bulbs with his bare hands while installing, it will cause them to burn out quickly. The oils in your hands getting on the bulb will make them burn out.

It's really a very simple job to do yourself and shouldn't require any tools. Search youtube and i'm sure you can find a good do it yourself video.
Some of these high intensity bulbs don't last that long either. He might go back to a stock bulb and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts