Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.. im new to the forum, i have a problem .. i have an 2002 santa fe 2.4 petrol... it had a random starting problem, this 1st happened about a week ago after i had put fuel in it, i have read about the problem with over filling them at the pump but this is not the problem as it wasnt even filled over the quarter mark... i then got a friend to come and tow me from the petrol station.. when we arrived at the car it started strait up off the key. so thought no more and drove it home... next morning had the very same problem, and wouldnt even atempt to fire while cranking... tried it a couple of hours later and it started and ran fine for the rest of the day... next morning the car wouldnt start and it still hasnt started 3 days later.... ive checked there is a spark and its sparking fine... fuel is pumping up to fuel rail fine... ive checked a few of the common problems ive found online like water in ecu ect and cant find anything wrong.... any help with this would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have also read up on the forum about the crank shaft sensor being a big problem with these cars.. but due to the fact it has a strong spark i have ruled this out but i may be wrong, but i would of thought if its sparking then the crank shaft sensor would be good.. any help or advice greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Hi all.. im new to the forum, i have a problem .. i have an 2002 santa fe 2.4 petrol... it had a random starting problem, this 1st happened about a week ago after i had put fuel in it, i have read about the problem with over filling them at the pump but this is not the problem as it wasnt even filled over the quarter mark... i then got a friend to come and tow me from the petrol station.. when we arrived at the car it started strait up off the key. so thought no more and drove it home... next morning had the very same problem, and wouldnt even atempt to fire while cranking... tried it a couple of hours later and it started and ran fine for the rest of the day... next morning the car wouldnt start and it still hasnt started 3 days later.... ive checked there is a spark and its sparking fine... fuel is pumping up to fuel rail fine... ive checked a few of the common problems ive found online like water in ecu ect and cant find anything wrong.... any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Not starting right after filling up sounds like the purge control valve, but from what I understand, once you get it started it should be good to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply....i read all the threads about the purge control valve and from what i can gather that is only when the tank has been toped and the overspill has gone to the filter canister. i only filled it to the quarter so i cant see this being the problem.... i have just had the codes read and it has come up with p0113 intake air temp circuit high.. and p1609 ventilation solenoid problem... does this shed any more light on the issue or give any other ideas

·
Registered
843 Posts
The P0113, MAF sensor reading, could be the cullprit, however if it will prevent starting I do not know.
P1609 will not prevent starting.
You could look into the cam shaft sensor, because it does the initial timing at startup, when cranckshaft position by it's sensor is not yet clear.
Also check coolant temperature sensor. When it is /stays too high it will prevent starting / running of the engine as a safety measure for the engine.
Good luck,
Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info.. im not sure the maf would prevent starting myself. Would prob just run poor.. the other code I knew nothing about so thanks for info on that. Can rule that out now.. the temp sensor is an interesting 1 tho, I never knew that could cause it not to fire. Ill give that a try, probably be a cheaper sensor to buy to... thanks for that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts