Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachment=19456:DSCN0072.JPG]Can someone please look at the pic and let me know what they think? Everyone that I have talked to said that they have never seen this before. I haven't took it out yet Because the insurance company wants to look at it. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
The bearing spun, eventually seized and cracked the case. Must have made some noise for a while.

Either that or you hit something real hard.

Why does the insurance company want to look at it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It didn't make any noise before it broke. My wife hit a tire in the road about three months before it broke. Don't know if it crack when that happen and then broke. The insurance wants to look at it because it might be from the tire that she hit.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Looking at the material at the breake, that is a new break, not some 3 month old dirty crack that been leaking..

$1000 core charge for the broken case if customer pay job with Hyundai re-man trans in-a-box...

If you the original owner, might get done under powertrain with some haglle with tech assist for case number, and DPSM inspect with service manager and tech inspection..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.