Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, is the transmission filter serviceable on a 2002 santa fe v6 2.7 l, and so if so does the pan need to be dropped to access?

Thanks for any advice!:)

·
Registered
390 Posts
You may have a spin on filter located at the top of the transmission. Looks like an oil filter. If not you would simply drain and fill. You don't need to drop the pan. The filter that is inside the transmission is a lifetime filter and is not accessible via the pan. In order to get all of the atf out you need to drain via the oil cooler lines while the engine is running after initially draining pan via the drain plug and filling with fresh fluid.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pemdas, thanks for taking the to answer my post!

Since I don't have a spin off, it appears that filter is non replaceable. While I have your attention, did you read my post about the "torque converter circuit", and if you did, do you have an opinion?

Also, I'm about to post a question regarding the replacement of the "throttle position sensor". The mechanical swap out looks simple enough, however, the repair manual states a a scan tool is needed to properly calibrate the installation. Have you ever installed one before, and what exactly is a scan tool, an ODBII perhaps?

Thanks again for taking the time to post a reply to my post!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts