Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the place where it's leaking looks to be rectangular and it's located near driver side under engine. thanksguys. also, car needs heavy fot on gas to start car!

·
Registered
882 Posts
you can put dye into the gas. I guess the leaking is from the injector rail, there's a rubber seal between fuel line and rail. If so that's a cheap fix, just unbolt 2 nuts and replace the seal

·
Banned
7,038 Posts
the place where it's leaking looks to be rectangular and it's located near driver side under engine. thanksguys. also, car needs heavy fot on gas to start car!
It's not the fuel rail. Being underneath the engine. Where the fuel line bends and heads up to the engine they get rusted and can leak. If it's a return system there may be two lines buckled together. If the leak isn't very heavy while running it's probably the return line.

·
Banned
7,038 Posts
BTW you'll want to replace both lines if it a return style system.

·
Banned
7,038 Posts
hey thanks for reply. do you know how much it costs to replace.a.line or two? thanks!
First of all we need to make sure where the leak is coming from. I'm assuming you smell it is gas. We know it is dripping down at the bottom where the lines bend to go up to the engine but the leak could be from above and just running down the line. Does the leak squirt fuel when running or is it always just a drip?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks for reply. do you know how much it costs to replace.a.line or two? thanks!
First of all we need to make sure where the leak is coming from. I'm assuming you smell it is gas. We know it is dripping down at the bottom where the lines bend to go up to the engine but the leak could be from above and just running down the line. Does the leak squirt fuel when running or is it always just a drip?
when I drive it's a light drip, same as when car is off

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Look at rubber line between fuel rail and line nut cose to bulkhead,, that line when aged crackes and smell real foul with time,, and may start leak under pressure (bad JUJU),,, fire hazard big time

Visual short rubber line off pressure regulator there at rail too.. those leak with age

Reactions: grcauto

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look at rubber line between fuel rail and line nut cose to bulkhead,, that line when aged crackes and smell real foul with time,, and may start leak under pressure (bad JUJU),,, fire hazard big time

Visual short rubber line off pressure regulator there at rail too.. those leak with age
Yeah it's bad. Had to replace car. Too bad, only 1000km from 300000k club. Great Suv, will be missed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts