Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

New to the forums and hoping someone can help us. My wife and I bought a used 2002 Hyundai Sante Fe w/ 108k. Everything is good except that after applying the brakes when removing your foot from the brake pedal and applying it to the gas pedal there is a noticeable reengaging of the transmission. Almost like you popped the clutch on a manual transmission.

First to check it was the dealership and they wanted to replace the rear crossmember??Huh? That doesn't seem like it is even close to the right answer. Second local mechanic said crossmember was fine and after inspection concluded there was nothing wrong at all with the car. Its not right, I have driven long enough to know that, just not sure where to start looking. Any help would be so appreciated.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
:00000732: Check the fluid and if it's any darker than a cherry red, have it changed. And make sure you use Hyundai SPIII from a Hyundai parts counter!! Anything else is liable to cause you big trouble!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I recently drained the fluid out of my transmission pan and refilled with 4.5 quarts of new Hyundai fluid. This replaced only about half of the fluid in the tranny, but it made a noticeable improvement in the transmission performance. It's so easy that I'll probably do it again every other oil change. The only down side is that the fluid is a little expensive from the local dealer parts guy, but it's a LOT cheaper than a new transmission!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts