Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here is what going on. I just bought the whole new coil pack assembly put it on the car. I get spark out of every coil pack but the one for 3 & 6 I have power going to it but nothing come out. Car starts and runs. Any help what should I do ?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,358 Posts
It sounds like either the coil driver inside the PCM has failed, or there is something wrong with the coil control wire that links the PCM to the coil cyl 3/6 coil.
Did you have this same fault with the original coil pack too?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can U help me with wireing diagrams
Can't seem to find and good one's thanks

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure I will have a diagram for the 2.7 engine. I'll check when I fire up my work laptop tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Being that I lost all spark should I check cam p sen. And crank p sen ?

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
Does the fuel pump relay switch on when you crank the engine? There should be a fuel pump check terminal (F/PUMP CHK) on the engine bay fusebox to test that. Check to see if there is 10ish volts on the check terminal DURING CRANK. If there is no voltage that would point to a crank sensor fault.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got power on the fuel pump check , dont know if it's around 10 volts because I dont have a meter all I have is a test light but I hear the fuel pump kicking on and priming

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
If the test light illuminates when you start to crank that means the crank sensor is working. I don't think a cam sensor fault would cause a no spark fault.

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
The engine ECM is the box with the 5 harness connectors. The other box will be for the auto gearbox...3 harness connectors, I think.

Is the power being supplied to the coils? Have you checked continuity of the coil control wiring, as shown on the diagram I attached?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea got power no spark before they all went out I could hold a test light on the other two paks while starting they would pulsate now non of them do its for shore that the ecm has failed

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
Odd that all the coil drivers in the ECM would fail like that. Have you measured the resistance of the ignition coil primary windings? Have you checked to see if the ECM is controlling the fuel injectors?

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
You will need a multimeter to measure the ignition coil resistance. But you can check the injector pulse just using your test light...
If you remove the plastic cover off the top of the engine, just behind the the cylinder head you should see the harness connectors for the 3 front injectors. Disconnect one of the injectors then switch the ignition on. Connect your test light's crock clip to battery negative and touch the probe to the 2 terminals of the injector connector. One of them should illuminate the test light. That terminal is the injector power supply. The other terminal is the injector control wire coming from the ECM.

The next part is easier if you have a helper to crank the engine for you. What you want to do now is move the test light crock clip to the battery positive terminal. Touch the probe to the engine and make sure the test light illuminates. Now touch the probe to the injector control terminal that you identified above. The light should be off. Have your helper crank the engine over now while you keep an eye on the test light. If the ECM is controlling the injector you should see the bulb blink on and off while the engine is cranking. You can repeat the procedure on the other two injectors if you want but generally if the ECM is controlling one it will be controlling them all.

Here is the snippet from the engine manual showing how to measure the coil primary resistance if you can get your hands on a multimeter.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
Are you still getting power on the pump check terminal during crank?
If the ECM isn't controlling the coils or the injectors the first thing I would be looking at is the crank sensor. Funnily enough I just replied to someone on your other thread saying crank sensors are a common failure item on the 2.7 engine. But the crank sensor signal controls the fuel pump relay which was working earlier. That was before you lost the spark from the other two coils though so it would be worth rechecking that again now.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 20 of 23 Posts