Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello been lurking around awhile and read the posts and thought now is a good time to ask a question that I cannot seem to find an answer for.
I have a 2002 Santa Fe 2.7 L Gl 4x4 I have the 2 button simple remote with lock and unlock, and it arms a factory alarm when I lock the vehicle.

I want to have an aftermarket alarm system that makes a sound to advise me that the car is locked and armed (seing as the manufacturer was not smart enough to do that) and I would like to get a alarm that also has a remote start.
Now I know that some Viper alarm sytems can do both. My question is
Can the installers bypass all the Hyundai stuff to install a diffrent system? I dont want to carry 2 remotes. I would prefer to get rid of the Hyundai system all together. Or simply "lock it out" so I don't need the remotes.
I was told that this may not be possible as there is a antitheft system thats "impossible" to bypass and I would have to use 2 remotes.

Thanks all,

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2003 chirps when I set the alarm - takes a couple of pushes on the button.

I think that any good aftermarket installer could do the job. The Chilton book on the car says the brains are behind the kick panel on the drivers side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
haha the alarm on my 2002 Santa Fe likes to go off when you unlock the car with the key in the door. My dad does not understand he needs to use the remote access haha so every time he drives my car he sets off the alarm. :p

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Thankfully by the time my '04 was made, they fixed that annoyance. My Santa Fe doesn't seem to care either way; lock with the remote, unlock with the key or lock with the key and unlock with the remote. It didn't stop the Elantras from doing it all the way to the '06 model year, though...ask me about the time somebody at my dealer locked a new Elantra with the remote and then lost both of them. That was fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts