Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Experts,

I am recently owned Hyundai Accent 2002 GL it is already 93K kilometer done, it has CNG Gasket altered. On GAS running Vehicle usually miss-fires and pick-up is too low.
Couple of days back car was not moving front after while trip next day morning car moved slowly then I parked at the mechanic shed nearby and mechanic suggested GASKET has blown. A day before I had mechanic rebuild car’s Cylinder Head and replaced head gasket. But the sound in head or somewhere still exists and it is still missing in Petrol and Gas mode.
1. Please hear uploaded car sound and suggest me the exact problem and solution? 2002 Hyundai Accent Fire Missing Video - YouTube
2. How to get fire missing clear in my car?
Mechanic Opinion: Has head was rebuild, while fitting it to vehicle timing was not met with original Hyundai Gasket as thickness is less compare to duplicate made gasket so we had to replace duplicate head gasket.
Please suggest me whether mechanic opinion is valid?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
ok i'm a little confused on some details here...language barrier i'm sure.

i understand the head gasket was replaced already? was it for this issue?

head gasket failure should be confirmed by either leakdown test or compression test. no repair should EVER be done without testing if damage is not obvious.

it sounds like misfire from the video...hard to say for 100%. if there is a check engine light on, we will need those codes from your engine's computer.

if this is a misfire diagnose for that. fuel, air, spark. once we get a bit more info i'll elaborate if you need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all very thank you for your reply!!!
i understand the head gasket was replaced already? was it for this issue?
Yes, Head Gasket was gone and car was hardly moving front on 1st gear, mechanic identified and replaced gasket.

head gasket failure should be confirmed by either leakdown test or compression test. no repair should EVER be done without testing if damage is not obvious.
Leak down and compression test was not done

it sounds like misfire from the video...hard to say for 100%. if there is a check engine light on, we will need those codes from your engine's computer.
I will get the engine codes from mechanic

if this is a misfire diagnose for that. fuel, air, spark. once we get a bit more info i'll elaborate if you need.
Please provide misfire diagnose for fuel, air, spark

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
there is a lot to go over with misfires. once i have the engine codes, i will help you diagnose. too much to write without that, and i'm lazy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is a lot to go over with misfires. once i have the engine codes, i will help you diagnose. too much to write without that, and i'm lazy
Can you please explain the fixes my mechanic again saying compression is down from the piston 4 and said engine has to be rebuild.
Also he has confirmed no codes are return when he has done the compressor testing.
Please advice with basic checkups for miss-fire issue.
Whether mechanic advice correct?

Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
if it has low compression on cylinder 4, you've found the problem.

possible causes are blown head gasket, worn rings, worn valves, or cracked head/block.

if problem is head gasket again...how long ago was this done? these cars do not often blow the head gasket. i think something was not done right.

with a compression tester, squirt some oil into cyl. 4 and test again. if the compression comes up, you have worn rings. are you losing coolant? does the oil look ok? is the spark plug wet? all signs of head gasket. oil can contaminate the coolant as well as other way around. coolant in oil will destroy your engine given enough time.

i would recommend a leak-down test. compressed air is blown into your cylinder and you then check for losses with a pressure gauge on the air line. if its too low (less than 90%. so if you're putting in 100psi and you get less than 90 psi at the cylinder not so good) then use your ear to find where the air is coming out.

your mechanic should know what to do. if he doesn't, he's not a very good one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts