2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the codes I got on my XG300
P0446
P1159
P0120
P1191
P1193

I realize that one malfunction can cause a cascade in trouble codes and that they are not all always at fault. But determining which one is the culprit can be tough.
Here's the problem I have.
Sometimes when starting the car the RPM's are low at idle and when you put your foot on the brake it will occasionally stall. If it stays running it will only go up to about 2800rpm, the engine starts to break down and won't shift. The car and be shifted manually through all 5 gears as long as you stay under 2800rpm. Also if your stopped and in neutral there is no throttle response. I also noticed that when I'm having this problem the light indicator for the cruise control will not come on.
Most times to cure this problem all I have to do is turn off the engine, wait a couple of seconds, restart the car and everything is fine.
I replaced the TPS and didn't have a problem for almost a year, the it started to happen again. I replaced a bad battery and alternator and it stopped for a few months, then started coming back, at first just once and a while, now almost every day. Now restarting the car does not always fix the problem. I'm thinking this is an intermitant electrical problem, possibly a bad ground.

Please help

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (xg01085 @ Nov 15 2010, 05:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371938
These are the codes I got on my XG300
I realize that one malfunction can cause a cascade in trouble codes and that they are not all always at fault. But determining which one is the culprit can be tough.
3.5 codes is pain to deal with, but yours is rather straight forward...

I replaced the TPS and didn't have a problem for almost a year, the it started to happen again.
Wrong guess.... wanna know how many TPS we put on 3.5 ......... "0" in the 7yr I been Hyundai.. only 1 I replaced was customer guess that he ordered part and asked to have installed with no diag on our end,, put his sensor on, not repair, he mad and left.

I replaced a bad battery and alternator and it stopped for a few months, then started coming back, at first just once and a while, now almost every day. Now restarting the car does not always fix the problem.

Please help

Here we go --

P0446 - all too common on XG & Sonata... I cant breath.... replace canister as it is restricted, add close valve and canister' air filter as a package deal. Refrain from topping off the fuel after pump clicks off.

P1159 - variable induction motor rotation.. plastic gears stripped on the variable intake shaft-motor gearset.. PCM drives motor, sensor is watching shaft movement, but no movement seen.... $500 for intake plenum alone..

P0120 - TPS,,, there is a mirror topic on another Hyundai type forum, turns out the fella found somebody tried to add ground wires to the ETS module.. I would suggest you look for similar ground concern. The topic is at myhundaiforums dot com (this site dont allow links to the other site), go to the XG forum, look for the "Updates on my 01 XG300 Please help hi idle no power" topic, current as of last couple day..

P1191 - Limp Home
P1193 - Limp Home -- Clean throttle plate real well and throttle bore, then figure a way to run carb spray through throttle while engine running... I have tube setup where I can spray carb at throttle plate and have it get drawn through Idle Air Control ports to help clear the idle air bleed of any debris.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx sbr I'll check out the other site. I'm thinking a bad ground somewhere is the culprit, because the car runs fine most of the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts