Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I have a 2001 xd Elantra which is giving me some grief!! when I purchased the car it only had one key and NO remote fob,
now in saying that the car has been driving great for 6 months until last Friday when I was checking the oil etc closed the door locked it then went out about 20 mins later for the car NOT to start!! now I have since found out that the car had a mickey mouse alarm fitted to it with wires either corroded or cut off !!! I have full power the car turns over but will not start!! I have had the key checked and the transponder is pushing out a signal but still car will not start !!!! can anyone help as all the auto electricians want to do is have the car towed to them and then tell me it could take days to find the problem on ridiculous $$$ any information would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

Shaun

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,303 Posts
Hi Shaun, welcome to the forum

What else did you touch when you checked the oil etc? Has the car ever started since then?
Are the engine check light and immobilizer warning light illuminating when you switch the ignition on?
Have you checked to see if there is spark at the plugs and that the fuel pump is being switched on DURING CRANK?

Under the dash right beside the OBD connector you should find a second diagnostic connector. There's a fuel pump test terminal (9)
on that second connector. Make sure there is 10V being supplied to the pump test terminal while your cranking the engine over.

PUMP TEST TERMINAL - ELANTRA HAS SAME CONNECTOR

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,581 Posts
When you found out that the car had an aftermarket alarm, did you do anything to it?
Has it been taken out?
Are the wires broken?
Do you have an electrical schematic for your Elantra?
Do you even have a Haynes manual??

When it doesn't start, did you check for spark, fuel, compression, exhaust flow, etc??
You're in Australia and I am in New York state. Hard for me to see what you see.
My eyes are that good ... lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts