Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2001 Tiburon and it has started to over heat. I noticed that the bottom radiator hose never gets hot so replaced the thermostat. No change in the temperature of the bottom hose. I also noticed that water is being forced out of the overflow. When I plug the overflow hose I see bubbles escaping from under the cap. I replaced the radiator cap and no change. I suspect that the head gasket is blown, but am still puzzled about the lower hose never getting hot. Any suggestions??

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
:00000732:

I'm going to move you on over to the Tiburon forum.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
The 4 cylinder is terrible for thermostats... replace it like 3 month ago... DO NOT DRIVE with over heat condition,,, 2.0 with heat is not good, you'll puke the motor,

The 4cyl needs clean coolant all the time, and even though Hyundai not say so, best to replace thermostat every 60,000 as preventitive maintanance... BE AWARE of the fill neck where radiator cap sits,,, there is a raised ring around the opening for the rubber ring on cap to seal.. that surface melted away/eroded, you'll need to replace radiator.. the upper tanks like to crack too if system not kept up...

In the end, you see temp getting up,,, STOP driving it,,, 2.0 will make life miserable if overheated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts