Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Santa Fe Diesel wont start in cold. It will turn over but wont fire up. I have replaced or repaired fuel filter, fuel injectors, and heaters but no change. Any advice? Please help this is driving me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE (heidi @ Jan 22 2009, 08:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=210593
2001 Santa Fe Diesel wont start in cold. It will turn over but wont fire up. I have replaced or repaired fuel filter, fuel injectors, and heaters but no change. Any advice? Please help this is driving me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will in all probability be a sensor problem. If you can have someone check your ecm for fault codes it should show up on that .

Hope it helps

Itza

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Heidi,

How cold is your nightime low in Vares? If you get below -35 Grad, no engine wants to start but especially diesel engines. The sensor problem listed above will give you a Check Engine Light. If you do not have a Check Engine Light, you may just have clouding/gelling in your diesel fuel.

My other post does list starting fluid/petroleum ether as a last resort. HOWEVER to isolate the problem,you might try a 1 second squirt in the air intake while having a helper crank the engine. If the engine fires and runs for a 2 seconds, your problem is clouded/gelled diesel fuel. Now that you have isolated the problem, you can use the solutions for gelled diesel fuel in the other post.

Byron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts