Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Santa Fe. After the car warms up it will hesitate a little until i let of the gas. it only does this between 30 or 40 mph. Sometimes it wants to die when i first start it, but after that it starts fine until it sits for a while. Also it keeps throwing the code PO171 code, and every now and then it will also throw PO401. Can anybody help.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
"DRIVES Santa Fe"... the 0401 tells me right away it is a 2.4L 4 cylinder engine..

0171 - look for possible collapse/split/vacuum leak of PCV hose at intake manifold fitting. Could end up as MAF, but other inspects need done first.

0401 - insufficient EGR FLOW.. look for EGR soleniod or Vacuum valve to be faulty..
Any more, we just replace both part and call it a day.. Vacuum gauge tee'd into line at EGR valve and watched while driving will verify system apply vacuum to opem valve. Majority of time it is the vacuum regulator that takes dump.. it wont regulate source vaccum to 7",,, those that I have tested are slow to make 7"... when tested, it has to hit 7" right now, not slowly creep to 7".. otherwise EGR wont work "right now" as PCM command EGR, so it think it not working, hence the 0401 code

1 - 2 of 2 Posts