Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Hyundai Elantra started to overheat then stalled about 2 miles down the road been sitting ever since it was my daily driver what could be the problem?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
My 2001 Hyundai Elantra started to overheat then stalled about 2 miles down the road been sitting ever since it was my daily driver what could be the problem?
Well, that doesn't say much. So, there isn't much to go on.
What else can you tell us?
Where in the world is the car?? What market??
Does the engine crank?
Does the engine start?
Did you check for sparks?
Did you feel the injectors?
Turning key to the on position, do you hear the fuel pump prime the fuel rail?
Do you have gas in the tank?

Give us something more to go on than it just died or overheated
Was steam fuming out of the radiator?
Did you fix the overheat?
What if anything was done?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
In my experience with over heating it's always been a bad thermostat. A quick and cheap fix you can do at home with basic tools.

In "my experience" the XD Elantra overheat due to lack of coolant in system and lack of maintain..

Coolant leak from upper hose joint at back of head,, see stains - crust on the elbow hose ??

Radiator tank split opposite from upper hose joint on upper tank and leak out,, look for nice crack on the plastic tank

2.0 program will stop engine because it not know what to due outside of program parameter..

2.0 run till it stop,,, pretty hot.. now we have to wonder about how much twist we have on cylinder head to deck

Remove radiator cap (COLD)..... fill with water for time being,,, leave cap off...........

Hop in try to start engine,, it'll either have compression and start,,, OR it will spew coolant out of radiator neck like a fire hose,, if it blow out,, engine is done,,, cylinder head anyway,, next be deck warp, and cylinder out of round

1 - 5 of 5 Posts