Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one, may you can help me, i have a 2001 Hyundai Elantra with over 120K, I resently changed the Alternator, complete starter, Spark plugs, Camshaft position sensor, Coil, battery and the computer, but car still does not start.

one day on the way to work my wife stop to deliver some documents, got back in the car and it started normally and suddenly stop, she tried to start it and almost did but that was it ever since, I though it was the ECU so I got one, turns out there is no current coming out pin 16 from the ECU connector, all fuse are fines, at least the ones in the engine compartment and the panel just below the steering wheel to the left, so my Scanner can not get anything from either ECU, radio wasn't working for years now, went dead, same happen to the dome light and cigarette lighter (no Current) but the car worked, the fuel pump rely clicks and you can hear the pump pressurizing every time you turn the ignition key, what could it be? please note 2 years ago the car had a Head job, and water pump alone with the timing belt were replaced, i checked it two days ago (timing Belt) and it looks new out of the box, the engine turns but nothing happens, once a sprayed starting fluid and it made and attempt to start, not sure how since there wasn't going current to the spark plugs, at least the two i checked.

Help please...fresh out of ideas
Thanks in advance
Aldo :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You just might be right, question is where? I notice the engine fuse box has color male plugs which connects to females on the box, the females are live, not sure if this are fuse links, I also saw a couple by the inside fuse box and one near the ECU, don't what to make of it. I guess the dealer will be able to figure it out if I take it there, but I dont want to give up just yet, anyone with a real wiring diagram that could help?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts