Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hayes manual for this model really missed the mark for replacing the fuel filter. Although the manual says the filter is under the hood, I understand it is under the back seat next to the fuel pump. Does anyone know? If so, how best to remove the back seat?

Dean

·
Registered
422 Posts
It depends on which vehicle design you have.
Is it a 4-Door or a 5-Door hatch?

if so you can really leave both of them in but it is easier if you remove the hatch rear seat.

There is two 14mm boltsdown the back of the seat, you have to push down the ear of the cushion to find them.

But you can get away with it, by just lifting the front of the seat up and propping it up whilst you work underneath it.

Be very carefull, it is easy to replace the fuel filter and leave out some of the o-rings, very very easy actually, I myself have done it enough times to know it's annoying once you have it back together, crnak it, it wont start and you se an o-ring sitting on your bench!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 15 2004, 03:07 AM

if so you can really leave both of them in but it is easier if you remove the hatch rear seat.

There is two 14mm boltsdown the back of the seat, you have to push down the ear of the cushion to find them.

But you can get away with it, by just lifting the front of the seat up and propping it up whilst you work underneath it.

Be very carefull, it is easy to replace the fuel filter and leave out some of the o-rings, very very easy actually, I myself have done it enough times to know it's annoying once you have it back together, crnak it, it wont start and you se an o-ring sitting on your bench!!! :rolleyes:
[snapback]2772[/snapback]​

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 15 2004, 03:07 AM

[snapback]2772[/snapback]​

I have a 4 door. Is the fuel filter under the back seat? Just looking at the seat, it seems removal could be challenging.

Dean

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes, the cutout in the carpet will not be complete.
You will be required to finish of the cut in the cutout, then remove the fuel pump assembly.
This is fastened down by a large threaded black flange.
You will need to use a bit of force with a large screwdriver to remove it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 16 2004, 06:51 AM
Yes, the cutout in the carpet will not be complete.
You will be required to finish of the cut in the cutout, then remove the fuel pump assembly.
This is fastened down by a large threaded black flange.
You will need to use a bit of force with a large screwdriver to remove it.
[snapback]2806[/snapback]​

Thanks for your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts