Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Only time fuse will blow is when crank sensor is plugged into connector. Cam sensor plugged in does not blow fuse. With 10 amp fuse out of fuse block, and key turned on with crank sensor connected, I get 12 and 0 volts. With crank sensor disconnected I get 12 and .05 volts. Fuse does not blow with crank sensor disconnected and getting 12 and .05 on the fuse pins in the fuse block, fuse removed

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I am testing with positive probe on either pin of ecu3 fuse block, fuse removed, key on, negative probe to frame of vehicle, meter set on battery setting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I have never seen a timing belt that has a DOR. They are all symetrical that I am aware of. The only reason for that may be for teeth spacing marks between the timing marks.
Arrows are facing the length of belt, not the width. I have read that arrows are there in case belt is ever reinstalled so it will wear the same or that they or manufactured to wear in properly if installed backwards and will whine. Trying to get more opinions about which is correct.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Both cam and crank sensors disconnected and fuse still blows??

Now crank sensor is blowing fuse??

This sounds like someone is not doing the right thing here
blows fuse with crank sensor connected only. Cam sensor does not blow fuse. Cam and crank connectors both read 12 and 0.5 volts center pin is 12 volts one of pins to left or right if center is .05 volts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Both cam and crank sensors disconnected and fuse still blows??

Now crank sensor is blowing fuse??

This sounds like someone is not doing the right thing here
blows fuse with crank sensor connected only. Cam sensor does not blow fuse. Cam and crank connectors both read 12 and 0.5 volts center pin is 12 volts one of pins to left or right if center is .05 volts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Testing with a not blown 10 amp fuse in ecu3 does read the same on both test points. I was testing pins with fuse removed. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
That makes sense with the arrows. I haven't seen it before. I just draw an arrow on the old belt if it be reinstalled. Sorry it won't help fix the noise.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I went ahead and changed the timing belt to be sure, arrows are facing direction of rotation. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Right, so the crank sensor has a short circuit. I'm sure someone said that was a good possibility back in Post #23.

I had a feeling that's what I you were doing.
I've got a crank sensor on order. Not sure why the sensor itself is bad. I didn't disconnect it when changing the heads. I replaced the knock sensors and cam sensor. I was thinking one if them was the problem. Also, I was reading 250v in my dmm instead if battery,bthat explains some of the bad readings I was giving. Really appreciate all your help. I will post the final results after I put crank sensor on sometime this week.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I've got a crank sensor on order. Not sure why the sensor itself is bad. I didn't disconnect it when changing the heads. I replaced the knock sensors and cam sensor. I was thinking one if them was the problem. Also, I was reading 250v in my dmm instead if battery,bthat explains some of the bad readings I was giving. Really appreciate all your help. I will post the final results after I put crank sensor on sometime this week.
I have to ask this question. Did you ever, at any time, look at the pictures in post 23? Did the bare wires in that picture, at any time, give you an inkling of an idea about what might happen if those bare wires touched together? Just asking.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So in the end I believe I damaged camshaft and both knock sensor plugs when removing and reinstalling heads. Crank sensor was never disconnected because it is in the block. I guess it shorted out when I tried to reconnect damaged sensors, probably camshaft sensor caused crank sensor to short.(looks like same circuit from wiring diagrams). Once I replaced cam and knock sensors I got correct readings with now bad crank sensor unplugged. Once I replaced crank sensor motor now runs. Thanks for all the help, I greatly appreciate it.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts