Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will someone please help me identify this part? What is it? What does it do? Does anyone know what the part number is? Does anyone have a diagram that shows it? I have searched and searched but cannot find it.

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
The part inside the circle is the throttle stop adjustment screw. It's just a screw that mechanically limits how far the throttle valve can move when the throttle pedal is released. It is set at the factory then capped off to stop folk from messing with it. It doesn't have a part number because it's part of the throttle body assembly.

Here is a photo looking at it from the opposite side. You can see the tail end of the screw passing through the throttle body and the cam on the throttle cable pulley rests of the screw when the throttle valve is closed. Winding the screw in opens the throttle a bit more, backing the screw off closes the throttle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part inside the circle is the throttle stop adjustment screw. It's just a screw that mechanically limits how far the throttle valve can move when the throttle pedal is released. It is set at the factory then capped off to stop folk from messing with it. It doesn't have a part number because it's part of the throttle body assembly.

Here is a photo looking at it from the opposite side. You can see the tail end of the screw passing through the throttle body and the cam on the throttle cable pulley rests of the screw when the throttle valve is closed. Winding the screw in opens the throttle a bit more, backing the screw off closes the throttle.

View attachment 440241
You are a saint! Thank you so much! I was concerned that it might be some kind of vacuum line that had been disconnected. I just replaced the EVAP Canister Purge Valve Solenoid. We were having problems with stalling at low speed/idle, terrible smell of gas fumes in the car and problems with filling up (the pump would constantly stop before it was full. I took it for a quick spin after replacing it and it runs like a champ now!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Evap canister purge valve??
Was it the urge valve or the vent valve at the canister???
Should have been the vent valve
They are the usual cause of refueling issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After replacing the purge valve solenoid at the top of the motor the car runs great. Thanks for all the help! FYI, if it ain't broke....don't fix it. I'm not touching that screw. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts