Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I worked on the wifes car all day yesterday replaced rotors,drums,pads and shoes,when I went to pick her up from work I noticed the lights were dim and the ac fan was blowing slow.This morning I went to check out the car and the battery didn't have enough power to start car,put it on a charge and got it started,pulled ground wire from battery and it went dead,the first thought I had was a bad alternator though I decided to do it again,after charging for the second time,cranked the car and pulled the ground wire again and the engine kept running so I took it for a short ride with a heavy load on the electrical system and it did fine for a bit then electrical started getting weak again,made it home and when I pulled ground wire engine died.Am I missing something or do I need to replace the alternator

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
What is measyred voltage across battery when running, and measured at alternator stud ?

Hyundai Elantra could very well be into an alternator, and known for applying paint between ground connections.. we know car paint is an insulator, not a conductor,, remove main grounds from painted surfaces and grind paint to raw steel, slap some anti-seize on there, and re-connect cable ends .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts