Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2000 Hyundai Elantra. Last winter I broke front passenger outside door handle while trying to open door. I would like to replace door handle myself. I tried to remove inside door panel by removing about 8-9 screws. Still I wasn't able to remove panel totally. Can someone help me explain what should I do? I removed all possible screws which were visible. I was also able to pull panel little bit enough to look inside, but wasn't able to remove panel totally.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Did you get the screw in the inside door handle? How about the little pocket handle? Then you have to lift it up off the window from the door frame. Getting it back together is a little more tricky.

·
Registered
71 Posts
QUOTE (Vijay P @ Jul 3 2010, 02:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338613
I have 2000 Hyundai Elantra. Last winter I broke front passenger outside door handle while trying to open door. I would like to replace door handle myself. I tried to remove inside door panel by removing about 8-9 screws. Still I wasn't able to remove panel totally. Can someone help me explain what should I do? I removed all possible screws which were visible. I was also able to pull panel little bit enough to look inside, but wasn't able to remove panel totally.
There is really no magic to it. Make sure you have removed all the screws. I can't clearly remember, but there may also be some pop-out fasteners holding the panel to the door. And you will have to undo the interior door handle screw and loosen the handle from the door frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts