Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have actual steps to get to the a and c solenoid on this vehicle. Also, are there any diagrams or instructions on testing the TCM? this vehicle runs great but seems to not want to catch in 3rd gear at times. Other times it runs absolutely fine for hours. It almost always is running and shifting well until the engine warms up and even then is still sometimes fine. This seems rather erratic to be the actual transmission. We get codes P0734, P0760 and P0750 which all seem to indicate solenoid issues or potentially the actual control module. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
The problem is almost NEVER the computer. Did you change the fluid? Did you check the fluid for metal shavings? Auto trans for an Elantra RD is weak and cheesy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently had the fluid changed on my 2000 Elantra. It had been shifting making a loud bang when it downshifted in cruise control while climbing mountains. Much better now. Have 153000 milws on the car

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Where did you have the fluid changed? What kind of fluid did they use? Was it a flush, or a pan dump? Did YOU scan the codes or someone else? Did they reset the codes?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
If it only does weird things when it gets totally warmed up, consider getting yourself a BIG transmission cooler. I did that with an old Volvo once and it worked fine for years. Cheap and easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts