Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just bought a 2000 hyundai accent and on the way home from the dealership an hour into ride and the check engine light came on after pumping gas into the car, after pumping the gas and turning the car on the check engine light was on!!! So my friend hooked it up to an od2 machine it read p1128 and saw info on the problem being the mass air flow sensor so replaced that with a new one, and the light didnt come back on then about thirty hours later and needed gas and once again it was on!!!! Im getting very mad please any suggestions

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
p1128 says fuel system lean - part load. Not sure what that means, but from what you're saying it wasn't the MAF sensor. Sounds like they sold you a lemon, they obviously knew about the code. Did you get any kind of guarantee? I'd try changing the fuel filter first. It could be lots of things.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The P1128 code shows up on diagnostic after two run cycles. My Accent has the same trouble. The MAF has been changed three times, yet the P1128 code shows up always after two run cycles. Any ideas why the P1128 continues to show up even after MAF sensor replacement?

·
Registered
18 Posts
*rofl*
change your Gas-Cap, had that ,too
my wife drove off from gas station without cap , so i bought another one since then we had the same trouble!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts