Hyundai Forums banner

2000 Elantra Will Turn Over But Not Start - Noise Coming From The Isca

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  gspaz62 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Elantra that will turn over, but will not start. When the key is turned to the off position or even removed I still have a humming noise coming from the area of the the Idle Speed Control Actuator and Heated Oxygen Sensor (rear). The only way to stop it is to disconnect the battery. Before I discovered the noise it had drained a battery 4 years old and also a brand new replacement battery. After replacing the drained batteries it would start just fine as long as I disconnected the battery after use, but suddenly it will again turn over but not start. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

G'

Discussion starter · #6 ·
No as of yet I have not. It started working again randomly after I posted last but two days ago started acting up again. In two days a highly recommended mechanic will be taking a look at it for me. I will let you know if it is successful.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
So I took the car in again and the highly recommended doc could find nothing wrong because the car was working just fine for him. My car is acting like a temperamental preteen girl!
On the up side, the noise/vibrations coming from the ISCA/rear O2 has stopped and not returned. Recently I checked all of the fuses looking for any sign of a short. In the process of pulling and replacing them the the ISCA seems to have corrected itself, but there are still problems starting the car on a consistent basis. In the past few days it has been starting but something new has developed. At times it will be turning over and then suddenly stop as if something is seizing up. So now I am thinking it may be a timing issue but I am no expert and do not know where to go from here. Any suggestions would be great.

klhuckaba, I hope you are fairing better than I.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.