Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey There!

I have a 2000 Elantra that I've replaced almost all the tail lights on and yet... the high brake light in rear window still is lit all the time. Also, the brake lights seem to look as though the pedal is depressed all the time (bright) and when you hit the brake pedal with the lights off... the dash lights light up.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks so much in advance!

John

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Wrong bulbs and/or incorrect bulb istall..... see them 2 pins on the brake light bulb, there is slots in the socket to match so the bulbs align with correct contact and burn low watt filament with lights on, and burn high watt filament when you push brake pedal.. steppeing on brake pedal as you have it now says the contacts in the socket is shorted together and feeding back the dash lights,,, either bulb is incorrect for application, or correct bulb is installed incorrectly..

Match the low pin with low slot, and high pin with high slot,,, I'll bet the bulbs fit real easily rather than the twisting tight motions you went through to install the bulbs :thumbsup:

Here 1 with same goof, different complaint - http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t53097-cruis...dlights-off.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You were SO right! In this case, the bulb pins did not look like your picture so after a bit of research, I found out that my local auto parts store gave me 1156's to put in the back as brake light bulbs when I needed 2357's!!!

Thanks for your great help. I truly appreciate it!

John

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts