Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, OK, here we go. The car cranks but won't start. So far I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor, thinking it was the problem. I do have spark at spark plugs. Thinking it is fuel related I have replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel pump relay. I still don't hear any noise at the fuel pump when the key is turned on & rear seat removed & ear next to the pump. When I test the wires that connect to the fuel pump I get a volt reading of 12v then instantly it drops to 7.16-7.18 volts. Is this a correct reading? What else am I missing? Any help? Thank-you in advance. P.S. Timing belt is OK, I replaced it about 30K ago and took a look at it thinking maybe problem there, It's looks great. One last thing... the connector for the fuel pump check on top by the fuel rail seems to be missing. Was this connector standard equipment, located somewhere I'm not seeing? B)Thanks:confused:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Cam sensor controls fuel injectors. I think the fuel pump only runs until pressure is reached, or when car is running. Take the cam sensor off the back of the motor and look at it, my guess is your wire connector on the cam sensor has disintegrated like mine did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wires look ok? What I mean is I also thought the cam sensor might be the problem. I do have a problem with the head gasket leaking. (anti freeze in the oil) I picked up another head from the salvage yard just incase the head on my car is warped (haven't replace the head gasket yet). Anyway, I took the old cam sensor from the replacement head and tried it but didn't seem to help. I know the sensor from the salvage yard may be bad too. I plan on purchasing a new cam sensor and try it. jsinton thanks for your input. I will keep you informed if & when I find out what the problem is. Any chance the leaking head gasket has anything to do with the car not starting? It did run great up until the morning it would not start. Actually, about 3 months ago I could not get it to start at the gas station. When I got it hooked up ready to tow it home I tried it one more time and it did start, and I got a code that the crank shaft sensor was bad. I since replaced the crankshaft sensor and it had been running great until now. Any other ideas anyone?? ~2000 Elantra~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts