Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Hyundai accent that won't start . Things that I know are :

1) No spark
2)No pre-start check engine light
3)New wires , new coil paks , new crankshaft sensor , New batt
4)fuses are ok , not sure of the relays
I bought the car unrunning , previous owner replaced all these parts and gave up
Claimed that this happened after a bad storm went through and that it ran good before hand

Could it be the ignition immobilizer , ecu ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fun fun fun....seems like we have a lot of no start people here lately...which is weird.

Dont know a ton about the placement of the ECU but my theory is that after a storm, something got wet, something important...so id check to make sure that thing is dry and not water damaged at all...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Use a diagnostic code reader to see if there are any stored fault codes. If not, I'd test the relays & diodes in the power distribution center.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Alfons @ Aug 15 2010, 06:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349466
Use a diagnostic code reader to see if there are any stored fault codes. If not, I'd test the relays & diodes in the power distribution center.
Thanks , I will try that , I assume that it will not show codes if the ECU is dead (no pre-start engine light) but I will try your suggestion anyway . I will report back my findings
later in the week .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update - Tried hooking up a OBII scanner and it errored out (no connection ) , I have power to the ecu (2 of the larger pins have 12 volt power ) . I assume the ecu is dead , anyway to test them ? Anybody know the campatible years of ecus that will work with this car (2002 Hyundai Accent - 3dr - manual - noac -1.5 ) ? Its a 39110 - 22563 if anybody has one . Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update number 2 - Fixed it ... It was a bad power wire to the ecu , specifically from ecu 3 fuse in engine compartment fuse box (orange /black wire ) to ecu pin 12 (memory -power for ecu ) . Haven't found where it is broken yet , just ran a new wire and it starts right up . I gather the wire is broken where it enters the firewall somewhere but didn't really look for it , just ran a new one . I hope it helps some of you with a no-start , no spark problems . The schematic diagrams on the HMAService site where very helpful in tracking down this problem , specifically the power distribution schematics in my case .

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (hurrikane @ Aug 20 2010, 01:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350626
Update number 2 - Fixed it ... It was a bad power wire to the ecu , specifically from ecu 3 fuse in engine compartment fuse box (orange /black wire ) to ecu pin 12 (memory -power for ecu ) . Haven't found where it is broken yet , just ran a new wire and it starts right up . I gather the wire is broken where it enters the firewall somewhere but didn't really look for it , just ran a new one . I hope it helps some of you with a no-start , no spark problems . The schematic diagrams on the HMAService site where very helpful in tracking down this problem , specifically the power distribution schematics in my case .
Good work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts