Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.

So after a cold weekend of not using my car, it wouldn't start Monday morning. The battery sounded sluggish, but didn't fade to silence after keeping the key turned. It just kept making the sound (though strained), as if it was trying to turn over.

I should mention that I put a brand new battery in my car a year and a half ago.

Also, I set up a jump from a running car, let it 'charge' for 10 minutes, and it still wouldn't start. I got the same results. The other car even was revving their engine while I tried to start it.

I am wondering if it is the starter. Are there any other suggestions on what I should check myself, or have checked?

Also, is my 2000 Hyundai Élantra fuel injected or carburetor?

Thanks, all!

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
:00000732: 2000Elantra- first your car is Fuel Injection, after a cold weekend it could just be that your engine is frozen, my wife's 2004 Accent has a new battery in it but it refused to start a few times this winter when it was very cold, we would just wait and try it later at noon and it would start. It could be because your gas tank is low in fuel and the fuel line froze. I wish I could be more helpful, I hope someone will post something for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts