Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
The blue is nice. The green is really nice! Do you have any pictures of the red or gray ones?

My local dealer has one. One! I'm going for a test drive on Thursday. Won't buy it because it isn't a stick, but if I like it I'll put down a deposit and wait for a manual one to roll in......Jake

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The green is sharp. They have a Galactic Gray in the showroom. The dealer was closed at the time. The Green is a 6-speed manual SE. We plan to test drive a VENUE when the weather permits . Please let us know your experience of the test drive .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks like the SE has hubcaps and the SEL has alloys.

So strange the Venue is on dealer lots, yet it's not even up on the Hyundai USA website yet. I've been checking the website every few days and just checked today. Weird.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah, I've been checking the website every day, waiting for it to move out of the "future vehicles" category. I'd love to see the full set of specs and options. It might be some sort of limited dealer release, though. My local dealer only has one on the lot so far.

·
Registered
74 Posts
..........Please let us know your experience of the test drive .
Did a test drive today. They had a "ceramic white" SEL and an "intense blue" SE, both with automatics. I drove the SE. Sweet! Nice quiet ride, great visibility, very responsive steering. I didn't like the CVT; too much hesitation. I would definitely wait for them to find one with a stick. But there was plenty of power once it kicked in.

My favorite feature was the height adjustment on the drivers seat. Like a barber chair, you can crank it up as high as you like. I lifted it up until my head was an inch from the ceiling, which helped make the visibility even better.

I told them I wanted to sleep on it before committing, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back tomorrow and pull the trigger. I hope that manual tranny comes in quickly!........Jake

·
Registered
74 Posts
After sleeping on it, I decided I did indeed want to buy the Venue. I told the dealer that if he can find me a green one, I'll take it. He called back in two hours and said that they now have a green SE with manual transmission on their lot with my name on it. I'm picking it up tomorrow! Sorry for turning this thread into my personal blog, but I'm really kind of excited about this! Now I'm going to have to figure out how to bluetooth music from my phone to the car stereo! (always used CDs in my current car but apparently that is not a thing anymore)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I picked up my "Green Apple" Venue SE with manual transmission today. It is SOOOO sweet! The tech is boggling my mind a bit, but I'm sure I'll figure it all out eventually. If anyone has any questions, fire away!

Oh, as an aside, the salesman told me that I was the FIRST person to purchase a Venue in all of Chicago. Woo Hoo! That's got to count for something!!

·
Registered
816 Posts
I picked up my "Apple Green" Venue SE with manual transmission today. It is SOOOO sweet! The tech is boggling my mind a bit, but I'm sure I'll figure it all out eventually. If anyone has any questions, fire away!

Oh, as an aside, the salesman told me that I was the FIRST person to purchase a Venue in all of Chicago. Woo Hoo! That's got to count for something!!
Congrats!

I'd say you've paved the way for a separate "Venue" section on this forum now, too.

(y)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on your purchase ! How's it working out ? Gas mileage ? Noises ? Quirks ? We test drove a Galactic Gray SE with the C.V.T. . Very impressed . The new engine has an oil filter cartridge . The '20 Accent and Rios' do too . Not too crazy about that . Going to post of test drive as different topic .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on your purchase ! How's it working out ? Gas mileage ? Noises ? Quirks ? We test drove a Galactic Gray SE with the C.V.T. . Very impressed . The new engine has an oil filter cartridge . The '20 Accent and Rios' do too . Not too crazy about that . Going to post of test drive as different topic .
Thanks! So far, it's working out great. No noises, very quiet, smooth ride. The only quirk so far is getting used to the Lane Keeping Assistance system. I know I can turn it off, but I kinda like it and want to get used to it. I haven't checked the gas mileage yet, but I'm still getting used to the transmission so I expect that to improve with time. I'll look forward to your test drive post.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The LANE ASSIST has a sensitivity setting of HIGH to LOW . We had to turn off the Lane Assist during the drive due to it not letting it easily merge into another lane in 2 lane traffic . Is a bit unnerving with heavy traffic and aggressive drivers to watch out for :oops: . Thanks for the quick update . Enjoy !

·
Registered
3 Posts
really liked the accents on the denim Edition but can't find info on whether the denim comes with blind spot monitoring or not which is a feature that the wife wants.

·
Registered
74 Posts
really liked the accents on the denim Edition but can't find info on whether the denim comes with blind spot monitoring or not which is a feature that the wife wants.
According to the actual paper brochure that I picked up from the dealer, Blind-Spot Collision Warning comes standard on the Denim edition. That is a really cool feature. In fact, it is the only feature that my SE lacks that I wish it had.

Also, the full Venue listing is now (finally) live on the HyundaiUSA website. Lots of good info there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
......Gas mileage ?......
I just finished a 50-mile highway trip to my parent's house for Thanksgiving, and the on-board computer tells me I had a mileage of 40.3 mpg. I have no idea how accurate that is, though. But as long as it's in the ballpark, it is pretty impressive.

Most of my driving is short trips in the city, though. The computer tells me I'm averaging about 25 mpg on those trips.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts