Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd put it out there for all that don't subscribe to XM.
My wife got an advertisement in the mail from XM stating that her Elantra's XM would be turned back on today (8/27) for 2 weeks of free service. I didn't receive anything about my Sonata but I was jammin' to 90's on 9 and Lithium on the way in to work this morning. :D

So for ya'll who are interested, give it a shot and see if you got the free service as well. Maybe they will forget to turn it off. heh heh

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
HairNation and Ozzy's Boneyard! :gunsmilie: Thats right...I said it! :D

However Lithium is also a preset on mine as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can't get free XM...wonder why?

:( I just bought a used '11 Sonata GLS about 2 weeks ago and I was excited to learn that I might be able to get free XM, but all I can hear is the Promo Station that tells me about subscription XM..

Wonder why I can't get the freebie that you guys are enjoying?!:mellow:

Oh, by the way, I wasn't picking up any AM radio stations either but the dealer discovered that the antenna amplifier inside the right rear C column was unplugged. Works great now. No charge for repair.:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
:( I just bought a used '11 Sonata GLS about 2 weeks ago and I was excited to learn that I might be able to get free XM, but all I can hear is the Promo Station that tells me about subscription XM..

Wonder why I can't get the freebie that you guys are enjoying?!:mellow:

Oh, by the way, I wasn't picking up any AM radio stations either but the dealer discovered that the antenna amplifier inside the right rear C column was unplugged. Works great now. No charge for repair.:)
It was only for 2 weeks -- not 2 weeks from when you started using it, but for the specific 2 weeks at the end of August and the beginning of September.

·
Registered
90 Posts
haha that explains why our car had xm when we bought it. A day or so after we bought it(end of August)I pressed the xm button and was suprised to see it was actual stations, haha we were excited and wondered how long it would last, it was about 2 weeks and it was gone. Good to know why now

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's back! Just got a notice today that my wife's Elantra's XM radio is back on until Feb 10th. Checked my Sonata and it is on too. Enjoy!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I got 3 months trial on my 2013 Sonata back in the summer, when it was just about to expire I got an offer from them ~30 for 6 months, it was about to expire in February and they would charge me ~$80 / 6 months. I called to cancel and not to loose me as a customer they offered to extend the service till July for $22. So if you are about to loose the promotional rate, call them up, try to cancel and they may offer you a deal. I called with intention of canceling so there was no effort on my part to get the deal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts