Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 2013 Santa Fe sport turbo. I had a professional installer put in my HID 6000k kit top and fog. So the issues goes like this. The first thing that started was that the fog would come on for 5 sec then turn off. The fog and the headlights have capacitors on them. The next issue is that the driver headlight would come on and flicker then shut off. They worked great when I installed them in Aug. also the brand is Tempest from Cali. The strangest thing happens sometimes when I have the iPod on and then I turn on lights the iPod would shut off then start. The 3 issue is the passenger side lights gets condensation on the top left close to the LED brow. No where near the buld or the cap that the installer had to drill into and put the grommet plus for added safety he added a LIL silicone to prevent anything getting inside. Cause normal you would see this condensation inside the projector where the bulb shines if the moisture is coming from the cap where he drilled. So I called my dealer to order new dust caps, at first he said that Hyundai does not warranty the lens against moisture. Have you heard of this? 2nd I also noticed a little corrosion by the factory wire harness. So it is def not coming from the cap. He said that if I wanted new caps I would have to buy a while new headlight assembley which again I found out false. The part # I found was 921402M000 for $6 anyone have these issues or know what's going on? :eek:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Question for you now is does it only happen when you start your SFS with the lights on auto? Mine do the same thing in auto mode. Start your SFS with just the parking lights on. wait 15 seconds then turn your headlight and fogs and see what happens. This is the only way I can get my lights to work with having the aftermarket HID's. Your dealer is lying to you about the warranty not covering moisture in the lens. I went to my dealer with my cousins Genesis and they replaced both rear tail lights do to moisture in lens. Let me know what your SFS does with the HID's.
Thanks Justin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Justin, I start my car with all lights off and still have same problem. I start with them in auto same problem.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was thinking the same about the canbus ballest. I have the canbus on mine and I still have issues. Well if some other members would like to post where they got they're kits from (not ebay) that would help.

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
2,258 Posts
something is bad somewhere. something might be crossed somewhere.

regarding the foggy headlights, thats common. its even common in headlights that have not been tampered with (since all headlights have breather tubes/ports).

i think you need to have everything reinstalled correctly. seems something is grounding out somewhere (due to the ipod issue).

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I had the issue where my jump drive would start over after I would turn my HID's on but that lasted a couple of days after I got them and has not happened again. I also had the issue with my left ballast going out until I got a relay harness. Good luck but I would think it was the HID kit and not your vehicle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. Well I just ordered a relay harness and two new bulbs and new dust caps so I can take it to the dealer and have them replace the headlight lens that has drip marks in it due to the moisture. And then re install kits.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine would shut off a second after they turned on. Replaced with Brenbo Canbus ballasts and all is fine both in manual and auto. No relay harness.

·
2,258 Posts
I have posted this picture before... please be careful with after market HID's!!!
cool pic. people forget that the initial start of the ballast has 24,000 volts rushing through!! :eek: sometimes things can easily explode with such voltage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts